Re: Anybody knows what's going on with Oraxcel?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 19:15:35 -0700

Ramon F Herrera wrote:

> I have been using and recommending Oraxcel (a.k.a. SQL*XL), an
> Excel plugin which allows you to connect to an Oracle server,
> type a SQL query and the output is returned in a nicely formatted
> spreadsheet.
>
> Since I have purchased their full version a few times, I requested
> info about an upgrade about a week ago. When I didn't receive any
> answer, I decided to go ahead and purchase the software at full
> price, including future upgrades. My bank already credited the
> purchase and the e-commerce agent sent me a confirmation e-mail
> but the software itself is nowhere to be found, as I haven't
> received any answer from oraxcel.com to any of my requests.
>
> Does anyone know of another product with similar functionality?
>
> -Ramon F. Herrera

Well the owner of that company used to spam here regularly so I'm not surprised that he has other bad habits.

But to answer your specific question ... No I don't: Perhaps others do. But I think the entire concept of connecting to an Oracle database from Excel is a terrible one and sugget you go out and purchase a reputable report writer like Crystal, Cognos, Brio, Discoverer, or Business Objects. You'll be far happier and your data far more secure.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu