Re: Anybody knows what's going on with Oraxcel?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: 8 May 2004 07:23:10 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1083982535.616819_at_yasure>...

> But I think the entire concept of connecting to an Oracle database
> from Excel is a terrible one and sugget you go out and purchase a
> reputable report writer like Crystal, Cognos, Brio, Discoverer, or
> Business Objects. You'll be far happier and your data far more secure.

Yes, I realize that for heavy-duty *.xls production you need a more capable tool than Oraxcel. Specially since my programs generate reports on the fly. I currently produce PDF files but haven't found a tool equivalent to PDFlib that will allow me to output XLS files.

Crystal Reports is in my very tall heap of technologies to investigate/learn/purchase. But Oraxcel provides a quick solution with zero learning curve.

BTW: Borland is giving away some sort of Crystal Reports module to JBuilder users.

-Ramon Received on Sat May 08 2004 - 09:23:10 CDT