Re: Error ORA-12154 with Oracle OLE DB driver

From: s.kapitza <skapitza_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 8 May 2004 01:50:45 -0700

Reinhard Brandstaedter <reinhard.brandstaedter_at_ams-engineering.com> wrote in message news:<c77t1a$1md$1_at_ulysses.news.tiscali.de>...
> s.kapitza wrote:
> > check if the service_name in tnsnames matches the service_name in init.ora
> > (and listner.ora if configured)
>
> Well these names do match. Otherwise other connections wouldn't work too.
>
> I'm trying to connect to the Database via ADO (or the application does)
> via foloowing ADO Connect String:
> Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;Password=exchangeolx;Persist Security
> Info=True;User ID=exchangeolx;Data Source=V7_AMS;Extended Properties=""
>
> tnsping V7_AMS for example works fine.
>
> The funny thing is that I've got two applications using the same
> connection string. One of them works fine the other one doesn't,
> although the developers of the apps ensured me they are using the same
> method for the connection.
> So could this be a Oracle Client/Server Problem?
>
> kr,
> Reinhard

Difficult to say, if its a Client Server Problem. You have some kind of paradox (It works, but it doesnt). I haven't much expirience with ADO, but possibly you have to verify your assumptions.

Your basic Oracle Net seems to work, but obviously your App is asking for a wrong connection.

regards

s.Kapitza Received on Sat May 08 2004 - 03:50:45 CDT