Re: Ugh! .pdf's require Winblows!

From: bgeer <bgeer_at_xmission.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 17:17:07 +0000 (UTC)

vslabs_at_onwe.co.za (Billy Verreynne) writes:

>Again. So what. It is a Microsoft issue. It has nothing to do with
>Oracle. Nothing to do with comp.databases.oracle.misc.

>For the last time - *nothing* you have raised in this thread has
>*anything* to do with Oracle or Oracle's support for Linux.

Oh, I disagree.

This thread started with Oracle's use of a pdf format quirk which prevents display by the pdf reader which is that included in a standard RedHat install - xpdf. This while Oracle propaganda er, uh, news releases indicates increasing partnership with Linux, & in particular, RedHat Linux.

Add to that the apparent IE-centric OTN forum compatibility, hence this Linux user's frustration trying to bring the pdf problem to Oracle's attention in their own forum.

The irony is stifling...:-)

I s'pose the pdf makers & OTN webcoders will eventually be on board; for now, tho, they look like a Winblows club.

--
<> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | 	  ||||      We sure       ||||    <>
<>    bgeer_at_xmission.com     | 	==    ==    find it     ==    ==  <>