Re: SQL Loader Control file

From: starigopula <member37340_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 05:58:09 -0400

Originally posted by Rauf Sarwar

> No. More importantly, what would be the purpose of specifying multiple
> kinds of delimiters in a delimited file?

> Keep it simple... just use "Edit - Replace" in your notepad and
> replace all delimiters to one kind.

> Regards

> /Rauf

We have about 200 files that we plan load on a nightly basis. Multiple clients send us data files nightly. While we can enforce field names/definitions, some clients are willing to send only pipe-delimited while others willing to send only "comma-delimited" files.

Our choices are to have control files based on clients ( maintenance nightmare) (or) have a process that cleans the data (replace the delimeter with a standard delimeter) like you suggested.

I was wondering if there would be something like

FIELDS TERMINATED BY ('|',','.............) Any advise...Thanks for your help..........

Best regards,

Sumanth