Re: Index-organized tables

From: vipan <dba_at_no_spam.netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:27:50 +0530

Hi,

You can modify IOT table and coulmns to it. IOT table is basically stored in index segment not in table segment and is very useful for query which access data using primay keys(e.g. lookup

     table as you mentioned). Data access from IOT table is very fast because oracle does not have to do two I/Os(One for index and other for table) to get the data.

Thanks