Advantages/disadvantages of having tables within 'SYSTEM' TS

From: Vinu Neelakandhan <vinu_neelakandhan_at_hp.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:49:19 +0800

Hello all :

Can someone tell me the disadvantages (or advantages, if any) of creating user tables within the default SYSTEM tablespace?

I understand that it is ideal to have user's own tablespaces (rather than creating within SYSTEM, where the DD etc are being kept), but would like to know the actual disadvantages of doing within SYSTEM. Does it impact the performance? Or, does it impact anything else?

Thanks in advance,
Vinu Received on Tue Jul 01 2003 - 02:49:19 CDT