Re: Oracle 9i AS on Linux

From: Sander Goudswaard <sander_at_example.com>
Date: 07 Feb 2003 10:15:06 GMT

Roger Atkinson <roger.atkinson_at_cubic.com> wrote in news:3E43139D.90245BB8 @cubic.com:

[...]
> So, now I'm turning to the Guru's to see if anyone can help this newbie
> finish this install. If I get my concept machine at least verifiable,
> then we'll invest in the certified OS's (RedHat or SuSE) and build a
> production machine. Could the OS still be the problem? This really looks
> like an internal Oracle problem but what do I know.

If you are a newbie, Roger, why not consider using a _supported_ platform for installing the software on? Once it works and you feel like fiddling with it, you can try an unsupported, uncertified platform. Which gives you a starting point for making changes.

Currently the supported platforms include RedHat Advanced Server 2.1 and SuSE SLES 7.

Sander Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 04:15:06 CST