Re: Last Week

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:14:54 +0000

Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:

> Sounds to me like I was indeed running Visual Basic code while working
> with MS Access.

Indeed. Just like you can run and edit PL/SQL code in Oracle using something as simple as SQL*Plus, or something GUI as the old PL/SQL Procedure Builder that shipped with Developer*2000.

> Within the debug window of MS Access you can type basic code that accesses
> subroutines that are part of your application and which modify and *save*
> the forms of that self same application.
>
> I don't see how to do that while developing an oracle form.

Sheez, don't even mention that abortion called Forms. :-)

If you want to see how an IDE should look like, with emphasis on _interactive_, then you should look at Delphi. Nothing comes close to it IMO.

--
Billy