Re: Last Week

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 27 Jan 2003 22:29:26 -0800

Billy Verreynne (vslabs_at_onwe.co.za) wrote: : Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:

: > e.g. I can recall going into debug mode in ms access and interactively
: > running scripting VB code to systematically adjust forms during some y2k
: > conversions.

: Huh? Access Basic or Visual Basic? If the former, PL/SQL can be debugged in
: Oracle too. If the latter, that's the VB debugger that has _nothing_ to do
: with either MS Access or Oracle.

To quote the MS Access help file

        About running Visual Basic code

        You run Visual Basic for Applications code in Microsoft Access by
        running a Sub procedure or Function procedure. Procedures contain
        a series of statements and methods that perform an operation or
        calculate a value.

Sounds to me like I was indeed running Visual Basic code while working with MS Access.

Within the debug window of MS Access you can type basic code that accesses subroutines that are part of your application and which modify and *save* the forms of that self same application.

I don't see how to do that while developing an oracle form. Received on Tue Jan 28 2003 - 00:29:26 CST