Re: script

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:11:10 +0000

Pons wrote:

> When I try to run this i get the following
> G:\>FTP -s:junk.ftp
> ftp> OPEN 10.5.1.100
> Connected to 10.5.1.100.
> 220 bsd.sdcdomain.com FTP server (Version 6.00LS) ready.
> User (10.5.1.100:(none)):
> 331 Password required for USER ftp .
> 530 Login incorrect.
> Login failed.

The reason for that is interactive prompting by the FTP client. You need to code the FTP script as follows:

--contents of junk.ftp--
open 10.5.1.100
quote user ftp
quote pass ftp
cd /var/ftp/incoming
type ascii
get installPrep.sh
bye
--contents of junk.ftp--

Now you fire up FTP and *disable* it's interactive prompting using the -n switch, i.e.

C:\> ftp -n -s:junk.ftp

Of course, this has absolutely _nothing_ to do with Oracle. :-)

--
Billy