Re: Oracle ODBC Drivers

From: Brent <bpathakis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2002 20:58:32 -0700

bwagz_at_bellsouth.net (BWag) wrote in message news:<8c2b8278.0210171333.792c19fc_at_posting.google.com>...
> I was wondering if any has had problems with the Oracle ODBC drivers.
> We recently upgraded our server from 7 to 8I. However, we didn't
> upgrade the local clients. Everything appeared ok until I noticed that
> certain fields in an access database were not coming over at all. The
> data would come over fine if it was input prior to 8I upgrade anything
> after there was problems. So I upgraded the ODBC driver to 8I and it
> seems to work fine. We are now seeing more problems with the 7 ODBC
> Driver. It only seems to be happening on the applications that use the
> ODBC 7 driver. I know that this is the answer to my question. To just
> upgrade the driver, but I was wanting to know the reason why... Thanks
> for your Help
>
> Bwagz

Using the 817 client and 816 ODBC drivers, I've had no problems in access 2000...however, I have had problems with ODBC( Oracle, sybase and others) .. in access 97. In each case upgrading to access 2000 solved the problem. access 97 seemed to be a bit flaky about hanlding odbc connections.

 As for the client, I'm always in favor of using new drivers, but I've also had no problems using Oracle 7 clients to access 817 databases. Received on Thu Oct 17 2002 - 22:58:32 CDT