Re: Has anyone used the QuestSqlPlus Toad tool from Toadsoft?

From: jim <jmmcda_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 16:46:08 GMT

Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:un1rgl5s3tpr68_at_corp.supernews.com...

> "jim" <jmmcda_at_mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > I know you think you had a point in there somewhere but damned if I can
> find
> > it. If you can execute the script in Sql*Plus, then you can execute the
> > script in TOAD just as well. And are you saying that 99% of your
> > development staff spends their time modifying those version controlled
> > script files? How positively primitive.
> >
> The strange thing about you is you seem to think you can promote TOAD
and/or
> other Quest products by *flaming* users of Oracle software.
> I wouldn't be surprised if Quest management isn't exactly happy with your
> newsgroup 'contributions', which consistently are made up of such rants
and
> flames.

"consistently?" Again, what an odd statement. I've been building TOAD for about 6 years now and it was only YOUR post which caused me to violate my own long-standing rule and post a message in defense of my own product. I typically use that up other TOAD users. You need to re-read this thread to see who is stating fact and who is ranting. Ah-hum.

> Also you don't seem to have a damn clue about the variety of customer
> environments, eg having to work in a server room where no PC can be found,
> or if it can be found, it won't have TOAD and it won't have Internet
access,
> that being explicitly forbidden by company rules.

I wouldn't be caught dead working is such a place.

> There is a whole lot of situations where the demise of sql*plus simply
would
> made people incapable to do anything.

They are in an unmeasurable minority. Alas, those poor foolks are stuck with their stone hammer and flint chisel.

> word PRIMITIVE. Hopefully Quest has employees out there who know how to
> properly promote their products.

I'm not promoting anything. I addressing an unreasonable flame and rant posted by a Mr Sybrand Bakker.

<bfg> Received on Sat Aug 31 2002 - 11:46:08 CDT