Re: Has anyone used the QuestSqlPlus Toad tool from Toadsoft?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:22:12 +0200

"jim" <jmmcda_at_mindspring.com> wrote in message news:r75c9.58490$Xa.3150993_at_twister.southeast.rr.com...
> I know you think you had a point in there somewhere but damned if I can
find
> it. If you can execute the script in Sql*Plus, then you can execute the
> script in TOAD just as well. And are you saying that 99% of your
> development staff spends their time modifying those version controlled
> script files? How positively primitive.

The strange thing about you is you seem to think you can promote TOAD and/or other Quest products by *flaming* users of Oracle software. I wouldn't be surprised if Quest management isn't exactly happy with your newsgroup 'contributions', which consistently are made up of such rants and flames.
Also you don't seem to have a damn clue about the variety of customer environments, eg having to work in a server room where no PC can be found, or if it can be found, it won't have TOAD and it won't have Internet access, that being explicitly forbidden by company rules. There is a whole lot of situations where the demise of sql*plus simply would made people incapable to do anything.
I know the only thing you can do is rant at other companies products. Now that is a thing I call posivitely *primitive*, with a BIG stress on the word PRIMITIVE. Hopefully Quest has employees out there who know how to properly promote their products.

Regards

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA