Re: SUN 6800 with Oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:59:15 GMT

Akin Seigmund Walter-Johnson wrote:

> Is anyone runing Oracle on SUN 6800 am about to do an install to support
> about 250 users concurrenlty
> and I need to know if there are any issues from past experience.
> e.g
> use 32 bit or 64 bit version of Oracle ?
> What is min SGA setting to avoid Solaris from paging
> Should I use ISM ( Intimate shared memory )

Which version of the Sun O/S?

What you should do is is read the pre-installation, installation, and post-installation instructions before beginning. A successful installation without reading them is impossible: And it will answer your shared memory question for you.

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Jul 11 2002 - 13:59:15 CDT