Re: Copy Command in SQL for Oracle 8 and up obsolete?

From: Dale Edgar <Dale_at_DataBee.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 08:03:40 +0000 (UTC)

On 19 Jun 2002 12:47:18 -0700, drsmartz_at_yahoo.com (Andy) wrote:

>I have looked everywhere after reading in an Oracle 7 manual that the
>copy command in version 8 and up of oracle will become obsolete.
>
>Is this a fact?

If it was obsolete how could one copy rows from one database to another if the table has a LONG datatype?

The SQL Copy command works fine but pulling the rows via a database link breaks with a "ORA-00997: illegal use of LONG datatype" error. Note that CLOBs and BLOBs etc are ok - just LONGs for some reason.

Regards
Dale

Need instant schema documentation? Use the DDL to HTML converter in the freeware DBATool. http://www.DataBee.com Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 03:03:40 CDT