Copy Command in SQL for Oracle 8 and up obsolete?

From: Andy <drsmartz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jun 2002 12:47:18 -0700

I have looked everywhere after reading in an Oracle 7 manual that the copy command in version 8 and up of oracle will become obsolete.

Is this a fact?
And if it is, is there another similar command I can use to copy all fields from one table to another table?

I don't want to map all my fields to variables and then put it back into another table since it would need maintenance if I ever had to add a field to my database.

Thanks a ton in advance

Andy M Received on Wed Jun 19 2002 - 14:47:18 CDT