Re: ORACLE_HOME for upgrade

From: Vince Laurent <vlaurent_at_NOSPAMPLEASE.networkusa.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:14:08 -0500

On Sat, 11 May 2002 21:29:35 +1000, in comp.databases.oracle.misc you wrote:

>My 0.02 worth. I suggest that you either enlist a SAP basis consultant or
>find a SAP basis newsgroup.

LOL it was a Certified BASIS Consultant that got us in this mess in the first place. I did ask on the SAP newsgroup too...

>If you talk to "normal" dbas they will respondas above. All of the advice given thus far is sound Oracle dba advice.

I understand that. I guess I was not clear when I posted the original question.

> BTW,if you have spent large buckets implementing a SAP environment, $15K to
>provide a safe working environment for it is fairly trivial.

LOL too! There isn't even money to go to any classes until end-of-year. Budget has dried up. We (the BASIS team) have asked and asked and asked for more space as well as Data Archiving... but this rant is left for another time and newsgroup.

Thanks for your feedback. BTW, I did get it working by moving some volume groups around and recreating mount points.

Vince Received on Mon May 13 2002 - 14:14:08 CDT