Re: Detecting executed PL/SQL procedure

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:59:43 +0100

On Fri, 04 Jan 2002 15:26:10 GMT, Anamika <anamika_at_home.com> wrote:

>Hi,
> I have Oracle 8.0.5 database with lots of third party PL/SQL procedures
>installed. I also have applications that invoke these PL/SQL procs.
>Recently encountered problems with these PL/SQL procs and I need to find
>out which one of them is being executed. i.e., when a function is called
>in the application, it eventually makes a db connection and executes a
>PL/SQL procedure. Is there a way to find out which PL/SQL procedure is
>executed ? There is no documentation with the application which explains
>this.
>
>Thanks,
>-A

Enable sql_trace on database level (change init.ora sql_trace parameter to true)
or at session level
(alter session set sql_trace=true)
This will result in a trace file on the server with the exact statements executed.
I would also recommend download free TOAD at www.toadsoft.com because TOAD enables you to view the dependencies betweeen procedures in an easy (GUI) fashion

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Jan 04 2002 - 15:59:43 CST