Re: Oracle Certification ?? and Windows XP???

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 22:57:09 +0100

On 4 Jan 2002 05:56:29 -0800, samanthakaya_at_hotmail.com (Samantha) wrote:

>I started my 8i Application Developer certification tests back in May
>of 2001. I passed my first exam and haven't had a chance to finish up
>due to financial problems. Now I able to finish up my certification.
>My question is should I go ahead and finish up my 8i Application
>Developer Certification or should I wait until they come out with the
>9i Apllication Developer track?
>
>My next question is I just upgraded my computer to windows xp (from
>win2k) and I was wondering if anyone has gotten oracle 8i to work on
>xp. I looked on the oracle site and they only show that 8i is
>compatible up to win2k which makes me question whether I should risk
>installing it.
>
>-Samantha

Oracle 8i isn't certified for XP. If it doesn't work, you're on your own, as you already guessed. Obviously there are no plans to certify it, as 8.1.7 is the last release of 8i

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Jan 04 2002 - 15:57:09 CST