Re: export / import

From: Mike Morgan <mmorgan1_at_mail.tds.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 04:52:55 GMT

Indexes are keyed on ROWID. When you reimport the data into the table, they receive new ROWID values. This renders your indexes unusable. If you have 8i, you can reorg tables/indexes without export/import using:

ALTER TABLE tablename MOVE STORAGE(new storage clause); ALTER INDEX indexname REBUILD STORAGE (new storage clasue);

Just make sure you have ample space since it temporarily makes a copy of the object.

Hth,
Mike