export / import

From: Graeme Farmer <g_farmer_at_halas.com.au>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 13:02:34 +1100

Is it possible to export/import (for re-org) data only leaving the indexes intact? When you drop a table it also drops any indexes associated with it so would I be correct in assuming that you perform the export, truncate the tables then import the data or does the truncate command also kill the indexes. I don't have enough of a window at the weekend to export/import both data and rebuild of indexes.

Thanks
Graeme. Received on Wed Feb 02 2000 - 20:02:34 CST