Re: DB creation - got a script, where does it go?

From: Robert Capulli <robert.capulli_at_FMR.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:43:03 -0400

Typically you have this directory structure

/u01/app/oracle --- this is your Oracle Base
/u01/app/oracle/admin --- is your administrative directory
/u01/app/oracle/admin/<SID>/create - this is your creation directory
contains db creation scripts for an instance(SID) /u01/app/oracle/admin/<SID>/pfile - this is where you have the initialization files for the instance(SID) /u01/app/oracle/admin/<SID>/adump - alert log... /u01/app/oracle/admin/<SID>/bdump - background dump dest

/u01/app/oracle/product/7.3.4 - usually your Oracle HOME, the version varies

/u01/oradata/<SID> - location of datafiles for your instance

/u01 - the mount point

I have included the OFA Standard PDF document by Cary Millsap

Ileana.
My email is 1306775_at_skytel.com:-)