Re: Confused again! - package DBMS_STANDARD?

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:56:12 GMT

have you ran $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/admin/catproc.sql from svrmgrl?

Where did you say you purged ORCL from? init<SID>.ora? Did you shutdown and restart the DB?
(also I am not sure if SID is changable that easy)

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:50:30 +0100, kev <kevin.porter_at_fast.no> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've created a DB called WWS. I've changed the listener.ora and
>tnsnames.ora to replace ORCL with WWS.
>After this, however, I had a problem connecting to the DB via Perl. I
>logged out and logged back in and that solved that error, but doing a
>'ps -aux | grep oracl' tells me that there is an instance of ORCL
>running even though I've purged it from the .ora files.
>Any idea why?
>
>And now the best one - I have a script to create all my tables,
>sequences, triggers, etc, for development purposes, it usually runs
>fine, but since my changes, it now gives me the following error on
>'create trigger' commands:
>
>"create or replace trigger trig_category
> *
>ORA-06554: package DBMS_STANDARD must be created before using PL/SQL"
>
>Why does it just give me this error now, and not before? And what can I
>do about it?
>
>I know nothing about PL/SQL packages, so any help would be much
>appreciated.
>

>TIA,
>
>- Kev

Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 373-5417
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email