Re: Unsatisfied symbols error when compiling in HP

From: tpa <tpa_at_well.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 23:37:08 -0700

galdamez9451_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I am moving a Pro*C program from a DG server to HP. When I recompile
> it I get the following errors:
>
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
> pthread_getprio (code)
> pthread_setprio (code)
> pthread_unlock_global_np (code)
> pthread_create (code)
> pthread_attr_default (data)
> pthread_keycreate (code)
> cma_open (code)
> pthread_lock_global_np (code)
> cma_read (code)
> cma_write (code)
> cma_close (code)
> pthread_mutexattr_default (data)
> *** Error exit code 1
>
> The commands used to compile/link are the following:
>
> cc +O2 -Ae -z +Z -DHPUX +DAportable +DS2.0 -DSLS8NATIVE -
> DSLU8NATIVE -D_REENTRANT -DHPUX_KTHREAD -DSLXMX_ENABLE -
[.. much deleted ...]
> lnlsrtl3 `cat /u/oracle/8.0.5/lib/sysliblist` -lm -lpthread
>
> Please help, can anyone tell me where the symbols are defined?
> Thanks...

Those entry points are part of the pthreads library. I don't know what the `cat ...` stuff is about, but I wonder if all you have to do is move your "-lm -lpthread" statements ahead of the "cat ..." stuff. it also looks like something in there wants to use DCE threads (just a guess because of the "cma" stuff), instead of POSIX threads. Which version of HP are you on? 10.x doesn't have real threads, but does have the DCE threads package installed, 11.x has true POSIX threads. They are both implemented in libraries called "libpthread.sl", but they are quite different! Received on Sun Aug 08 1999 - 01:37:08 CDT