How to do a Pass through query from Access to oracle via ODBC?

From: Andrew Houghton <alho_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 12:38:08 +0100

Hi all,
Hope someone can assist.

I have a database on Oracle and I also have a Microsoft Acess97 front end app. It has linked tables to the Oracle database which all open Ok.

All I want to do is to write a query which will execute on the server and provide me with a result set such as

SELECT * FROM M_PRODUCTS WHERE Left(M_PRODUCTS.PRODUCT,3)="PPT"

each time I have tried to do this (setting the type of query as SQL Pass Through) it tells me there is no such table or view (#934). However, there is a table called M_PRODUCTS.
Also I need the query to NOT promt for the UserName, Password or Server.

Many thanks if you can help

Andrew Houghton
alho_at_globalnet.co.uk Received on Sun Aug 08 1999 - 06:38:08 CDT