Why am I violating this pragma?

From: Goyito <geeslin_at_oct.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 09:42:41 -0500

Hello Everybody!

I have a function that I want to be able to access in an SQL statement. That function wraps a longer procedure that does some calculations and returns a set of values using IN OUT parameters. The function sends me the one value I'm interested in. My problem is that the PRAGMA RESTRICT_REFERENCES(function, WNDS); fails. I get a message that 'The function violates it's associated pragma.'

According to the documentation, when using this pragma, the function can do no INSERTs, UPDATEs or DELETEs and use no dynamic SQL. Neither the function nor the procedure it calls do any of these things. The procedure does, however, use a PL/SQL table to hold a list of static values that are used to compare against some of the values that the procedure has to calculate. Is the creation and use of that PL/SQL table a violation of the pragma? If not, what other possibilities are there?

I would appreciate any help you could give me. I have to get this problem solved as soon as I can. I'm using Oracle version 7.3.

Thanks in advance,

Gregg
geeslin_at_mslc.com Received on Sun Aug 08 1999 - 09:42:41 CDT