Re: EXPORTING FROM ORACLE V7 TO MS EXCEL

From: R. Nightingale <nighr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 17:16:20 -0500

You can skip several steps by including the MS-Query option in the Excel/Office setup. Then you just make a query to an ODBC data source. The results will always be in your excel spread sheet. If the database table is updated between spreadsheet opens, your spread sheet will have the latest values.

The other way I do what you ask is to have a column of commas:

spool c:\temp\whatever.csv
select field1||','|| field2|| ','|| field3 from table; spool off

Since you're opening a CSV file, the fields will already be delimited. I'm assuming you installed PLUS80.EXE on your PC.

--rn.