Re: EXP fro Oracle to Sybase ??

From: R. Nightingale <nighr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 19:37:06 -0500

I'm afraid that bcp doesn't read oracle exp files directly. I used to = use a tool from Platinum Technology, which has been recently assimilated = by Computer Associates, that could dump out tables in bcp readable = format. It was called FastUnload for Oracle. = http://www.platinum.com/products/factsht/fu_o_fs.htm

What your Oracle expert should have done is get with your Sybase expert = and written a series of scripts to read Oracle tables with Sql*plus, = filter them with sed and awk, then import them with isql. It sounds = like this will be routine task. It will certainly run quicker than = making ODBC links and cut and pastes with MS-Access or something like = that.

-rn.
  Henri R. Brady <hbrady_at_remstar.com> wrote in

  message news:37A209DF.A5A6C2D5_at_remstar.com...   Good Day: Our company has developed an application that requires a = back end SQL database. We have tested Oracle on Linux and now we are = testing Sybase on Linux.
  We have installed Sybase Adaptive Server 6.0.2 on our Linux server and = we are able to make ODBC connections from our Windhose machines. = Unfortunately our resident Sybase/Oracle expert is off-site for a few = days. We want to take a file created with EXP on and Oracle server and = run the equivalent of an IMP on the Sybase server.

  Our main goal is to quickly get our Tables and Data from our Oracle =
Server to our Sybase server for testing.  The EXP file from Oracle is =
called hbdump and the database created on the Sybase server is called =
HB. Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks.

  -Henri Brady Received on Sun Aug 01 1999 - 19:37:06 CDT