Select Statement in Stored Procedure

From: Alex <kahhoe_at_krdl.org.sg>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:48:18 +0800

hi Folks,

I am a Visual C++ Developer and currently working on a project that require Oracle (Not my decision!)

Actually I have a problem to share and ask. Is it true that Oracle Stored Procedure CANNOT return any recordset? I have tried to use SELECT but it keep complain that it must use SELECT ... INTO.. syntax. This would means it can only return at most one row. Am I right? I did some surfing and realize that other people mention that Oracle can return recordset by using Package or Collection. Can anyone experience here please share with us?

Thanks you!

Best Regards,
Kah Hoe

ps: Actually I have successfully implemented the above mention problem using SQL Server and I think Sybase also allow return of Recordset in Stored Procedure. Why doesn't Oracle implement this useful feature? Received on Sun Oct 25 1998 - 20:48:18 CST