Re: Select Statement in Stored Procedure

From: <tomscott_at_nospam.abac.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 15:25:29 GMT

> Is it true that Oracle Stored
>Procedure CANNOT return any recordset? I have tried to use SELECT but it
>keep complain that it must use SELECT ... INTO.. syntax.

That is absolutely not true. Oracle does want either a variable to read the data into, or a record type, defined in the procedure header. The method by which Oracle returns the data to the application language may depend on the language. If you are using Delphi, you declare a REF CURSOR in the Oracle package/procedure and then open an IN OUT Cursor as the Ref Cursor for SELECT ..... FROM...... Received on Mon Oct 26 1998 - 09:25:29 CST