Re: PeopleTools vs. std. Oracle

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:01:20 -0400

Hi,

    Gee, I wonder how I used to create databases, tablespaces, tables, etc. back in the good old days (Oracle 4.x) before they came out with whiz-bang handy-dandy tools like PeopleSoft.

    Okay, it may be easier for developers accustomed to PeopleSoft to use their tools than to learn something about the database they are using. I find it discouraging that they don't want to learn more about the RDBMS, including how it works and how to work with it.

    I do most of my Oracle administration from the command line. For my developers I have downloaded T.O.A.D. from www.toadsoft.com (or is it www.toadware.com?) It is a great tool and it is freeware.

regards

Jerry