Re: PeopleTools vs. std. Oracle

From: <cmarty15_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 19:13:26 GMT

Although some of that is BS , a large part is true...If you do not maintain changes to the database , especially storage and extent changes, the next time you use peopletools to do any kind of db miantenance you will not carry foward those changes...A perfect example is extents...Delivered the max extents is something criminal like 121 and the next extent sizes are like 8k...well, this really isn't even funny...If you change these via normal means and then use peopletools to , lets say, rebuild your indexes, you loose all of the extent changes...It really depends on what your departments are being asked to support...If its just DB you can get by with a good audit trail of doc...If its DB and System administration you should get your management to get you a tools class...Marty