Re: database date fields

From: Henrik Staun Poulsen <hsp_at_infolog.dk>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 14:18:08 +0200

Jonathan,

> You can use the TRUNC function to do this. For example: select
trunc(sysdate) from dual;<

PMJI?
Do you know if it is possible to do any calculations on the dates? For example:
I have a table with measurement values, taken every 5 minutes 7 days a week.
I would like to have a sum of these for every _hour_ in the day.

I have tried
GROUP BY M.METER, ( TO_CHAR((M.SAMPLETIME), 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24') ); but that will give me values from 0:55 to 1:55, 1:55 to 2:55 etc.

Best regards

Henrik Staun Poulsen Received on Mon Aug 03 1998 - 07:18:08 CDT