mainframe v client/server

From: Sean Gallivan. <s.g.p.gallivan_at_bton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:06:17 +0100

yes, this question is bound to be perennial but I was wondering what were the most important considerations when choosing which. My reading has told me that mainframe is making a comeback. So ii have this feeling that you would choose a mainframe database if the data is fairly rudimentary but use a client/server if those who use it have a fair degree of expertise. Am I right or barking completely up the wrong tree! Most grateful for any guidance here.
Sean Received on Mon Jun 22 1998 - 12:06:17 CDT