Oracle 8 on NT4.0 setup problem

From: Andrew J Dickinson <andrewd_at_bsw.co.za>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 13:41:48 +0300

I have installed Oracle8 (demo and full version) on a NT 4.0 server with the severpack 3 installed.
Oracle 8 was installed as the administrator and the installation ended successfully, however if I try to run certain aplications like "Oracle Database Assistant", "Oracle Net8 Assistant" an error is reported by Dr. Watson.
The error is an application error: "Access violation" when "java.exe" and "javaw.exe" is called.
I have run the java.exe seperately just to test but there seems to be no problem with access to it.
If anyone could give me information about what is actually passed to the java.exe and what actions it performs I would appreciate it. Also possible steps to find the error will be appreciated. Received on Wed May 20 1998 - 05:41:48 CDT