Re: Oracle 8 on NT4.0 setup problem

From: kenneth C. de Miranda <krgm.demiranda_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 20:33:48 +0100

Hi,
 This will sound funny.

Whe had a similar problem, using the NET8 Assistant. Only no dr. watson came up but all of a sudden the system was using 100%CPU and was behaving unstable.

Oracle support had the following answer:

There is a reported bug in the Oracle Java Virtual Machine. Usually it clashes with the video memory. The bug appears in different ways, based on the amount of RAM and the processor type. I WAS ASKED TO CHANGE MY COLOR SETTING in teh control panel. So i did. I switched from true colors to 64M colors. The problem dissappeard. Switched to 256K colors, no problem. Switched back to true colors, the problem reappeard.

I don't know if your problem is the same but the symptoms sure look alike. Maybe this will help.

good luck.

Andrew J Dickinson heeft geschreven in bericht <6jufh9$ooq_at_news1.saix.net>...