Re: passing parameters from HTML form to pl/sql procedure - this is a good question!

From: <brendan_o'brien_at_wrightexpress.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 12:01:59 GMT

The OWA_TEXT package provides two datatypes: VC_ARRAY and INT_ARR, one-dimensional arrays with members of type varchar2(32000) and integer respectively, both indexed by binary integer in the traditional way that one addresses one-dimensional arrays. Use these datatypes for your multi-selects and you're all set, no need to initialize the arrays with upper bounds or anything like that (e.g. "my_array IN OWA_TEXT.VC_ARRAY" is all you need). I'm not sure, but I believe that these datatypes may ONLY work as input parameters sent from a POST action via the Oracle Web Server, so don't attempt to declare them elsewhere in your procedures.

NOTE: The documentation that comes with Oracle Web Server covers these items, but lists them as VC_ARRAY and INT_ARRAY. With some versions of the packages the datatypes are in reality called *_ARR instead of *_ARRAY. You'll have to see which ones work for your version of the web server.

I've used these dataypes many, many times to do exactly what you describe. Guaranteed, they do what you're looking for.

Good luck,
-Brendan