Oracle and Ingres on HP-UX

From: Laura Cooksey <lcooksey_at_nospam.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:47:50 GMT

My Navy office is thinking about migrating a large number of Ingres applications from Ingres 6.4/05 on VAX/VMS 6.2 to Oracle on HP-UX. From a DejaNews search, I see that Ingres and Oracle can be run on HP-UX at the same time, despite rumors to the contrary.

We'd like to migrate to OpenIngres 1.2 and run that in parallel with Oracle 7.3 until our migration is complete. The HP system runs HP-UX 10.2.

Has anyone out there run this particular combination, or something close? Did you have any configuration problems, or other problems?

Laura Cooksey
cooksey_laura at hq.navsea.navy.mil

      lcooksey at mindspring.com
         Spam, spam, go away.