Slow response from a table

From: Ben Poels <poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:23:52 GMT

Hi,

I have an Oracle table that is giving me slow response times. This table represents current years data. Access to last year's data table is much quicker and I am wondering why? Both tables are in the same tablespace. I was the only active session when I did my benchmarks. I have exported and imported it and moved it to a different filename on a different disk drive with little or no improvement.

Any other suggestions. What statistics should I audit to try to discover what is happening here? Thanks,

Ben
Ben Poels
Queen's University
Kingston, ON, Canada Received on Mon Apr 13 1998 - 09:23:52 CDT