Re: Beginner: Query performance testing tool ?

From: <thomasj_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1998/03/18

In article <350e6e1d.1204261_at_eunetnews.de.uu.net>,   stepfel_at_gmx.de wrote:

> I need to test the reasons of slow query performance. I want to know what
> the DB does (used indexes, query execution order, number of reads etc.). How
> can I find this out in Oracle (7.3.3, WinNT)
>
> Regards,
> Steffen
> Steffen Krause stepfel_at_gmx.de
> Dipl.-Inf, MCSE
> But wherever we go we will always know
> that the land we stand on is never our own

PLATINUM SQL-Station Plan Analyzer is a GUI-based tool that automates SQL capture and tuning for Oracle databases. Plan Analyzer significantly reduces the effort required to create, display, interpret, and test SQL optimization plans. In addition, an automated capture facility allows a DBA or application programmer to identify SQL statements that consume extensive resources on the server and, therefore, will readily benefit from performance tuning. Plan Analyzer supports multiple, simultaneous tuning frameworks, and it also allows users to use several variations of the same SQL in the tuning process. In addition, Plan Analyzer offers a multi-statement compare facility for plans and statistics for SQL statements. DBAs can also identify the top resource consuming SQL on the server and view the information as a graphic, a table, or as text. A useful SQL extraction module allows developers and DBAs to identify all SQL statements available in a file, and select the ones that need tuning.

For more information, related articles, and a free 30-day download, check out the SQL-Station Plan Analyzer product page at: http://www.platinum.com/products/dba/plan_an2.htm

Janis Thomas
Platinum Technology, Inc.