How to change user "INTERNAL" passwd ?

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1996/11/04

I just installed Oracle 7.3.2.1 on a Solaris X86 machine and then tried to change user internal's passwd, which by default is set to "manager". But it doesn't work. I was able to change user "system" passwd but not internal. I am not sure why and would appreciate any hints. Here is what happens when I try :

bash$ sqlplus
SQL*Plus: Release 3.3.2.0.0 - Production on Mon Nov 4 02:31:07 1996 Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1994. All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: system
Enter password:

Connected to:
Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.2.1.0 - Production Release With the distributed option
PL/SQL Release 2.3.2.0.0 - Production

SQL> alter user internal identified by test123 ; alter user internal identified by test123

           *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01918: user 'INTERNAL' does not exist

This is a little strange since I sure can login as "internal/manager" I have even tried logging in as user internal and changing the passwd but that doesn't work either.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Atif Khan
aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Mon Nov 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CST