Re: How to change user "INTERNAL" passwd ?

From: Heiko Harmening <heiko.harmening_at_memo.ikea.com>
Date: 1996/11/04

Atif Ahmad Khan wrote:

> SQL> alter user internal identified by test123 ;
> alter user internal identified by test123
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01918: user 'INTERNAL' does not exist
> ----------------------
>
> This is a little strange since I sure can login as "internal/manager"
> I have even tried logging in as user internal and changing the passwd
> but that doesn't work either.
>
> Any hints would be appreciated.
>
> Atif Khan
> aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu

Hi Atif

Internal is only a keyword not a real oracle database user, that's why you can connect internal even if the database is not open.

Setting the internal password is only possible from outsite the database , means from operating system level.

On the most unix boxes you'll find a program ORAPWD in the bin directory of the oracle home.

Invoked without options it will show you how to work with.

Hope this helps ...

best regards
Heiko Harmening , IKEA EDV Service Received on Mon Nov 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CST