Re: Building MySQL 5.7 From Source on Windows

From: Lyle H. Gray <lylefitzw_at_no.spam.gmail.com.invalid>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 09:47:43 -0500

"J.O. Aho" <user_at_example.net> wrote in news:h0sutfFqsaaU1_at_mid.individual.net:

> Just some stupid questions, you do have set basedir and datadir and
> use double backslash?
>
> [mysqld]
> basedir=C:\\Program Files\\MySQL\\MySQL Server 5.7
> datadir=D:\\MySQLdata

I _do_ have basedir and datadir set, but I use forward slash rather than double backslash:

# Path to installation directory. All paths are usually resolved relative to this.
basedir="C:/MySQLfromSource/"

# Path to the database root
datadir="C:/MySQLfromSource/Data"

> and you use following command when initializing ?
>
> bin\mysqld --defaults-file=C:\my.ini --initialize --console

I haven't been using "--console", because under Windows I haven't been able to Ctrl-C out of mysqld when it hangs. Instead, I monitor the .err file using baretail.exe. Otherwise, yes, that's the structure of the initialization that I'm using. Received on Fri Oct 18 2019 - 16:47:43 CEST

Original text of this message