Re: Customer user and factory user in the same table

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019 12:09:50 -0400

On 8/12/2019 6:07 AM, ^Bart wrote:

>> So?  That doesn't mean you have to do the same.

> I think it's important to identify a member like a person when he/she
> would like to upload contents, this is what I think!
>
> Ok, I could try to identify also a company with company's details but if
> you want to allow everyone from everywhere in the world to add contents
> you should have same data, for example a chinese company doesn't have
> same details like a european company but "everyone" got a name and
> surname and I think this is the best way to identify an user and allow
> him to share data!
>
>> And if you're trying to recreate a site like Facebook, I suggest you
>> look for something else to spend your time.  Facebook too popular and
>> too well established.  You'll never be able to afford the advertising
>> necessary to even get the critical mass of members needed to attract
>> advertisers.

> No, no, no! :) I don't want to create another Facebook I just take a
> look to its rules! :)
>
> Regards.
> ^Bart

You'll need a lot more than that to understand Facebook's rules. I would imagine they have hundreds of columns in dozens of rows to implement even the basic functions they have - if they even use an SQL database. Reverse engineering even a part of it would be a massive undertaking.

If you want to get an idea, look at some of the open source forums. They're much simpler but even they have lots of tables. That will at least give you a start.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address