Re: How to store different languages

From: J.O. Aho <user_at_example.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 18:39:27 +0200

On 22/04/2019 17.25, ^Bart wrote:

> I have four tables, one named "ingredients" where I have a list of them
> in english (I thought to set the main language english), another table
> named "languages" where I store user's languages and "ingredient_langs"
> where I store every translation.

[Quoted] Depending on the language you use to code the rest of your system with, it may already have a good way to handle internationalization, so the name of things in the database may just be the "translation key", which then used to select the correct text for the language to be used.

This will make searching a bit more complex, but it may be better (and faster) to not have everything in the database.

--

  //Aho