Re: How to store different languages

From: ^Bart <gabriele1NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 18:44:41 +0200

> Add a language_id to every table that has descriptions
>
> so for Inredients:
> ingredients
> -------------------
> id | language | name
> -------------------
> 1  |   0      | milk
> 2  |   0      | spelt
> 3  |   0      | onion

Thank you for your reply, I try to understand what you wrote with an example:

languages

id | name
0  | English
1  | Dutch
2  | Italian

ingredients

id | FK_id_language | name
1  |    0     	    | milk
2  |    0           | spelt
3  |    0           | onion

ingredient_langs

FK_id_ingredients| FK_id_language | name
1  		 |    1     	  | melk
?  	         |    1     	  | boter
?	         |    1           | eieren

Or maybe the id of the ingredient_langs table is not a FK but every time I can link a new ingredient to the ingredients table if exits a english version...

>    SELECT ingredient.name
>    from ingredients, users
>    where id=3 and language_id = users.language_id
>    order by language_id desc
>    limit 1
>
> This should give description in language of user, and when the
> description in the language of the user does not exist it will show the
> default ('0') description.

[Quoted] I understood it but I'm sorru I don't understand how to create tables :\

^Bart Received on Mon Apr 22 2019 - 18:44:41 CEST

Original text of this message