How to store different languages

From: ^Bart <gabriele1NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 17:25:27 +0200

[Quoted] Before to start a new post I should say thanks to all people who reply (it's better to say help!!!) me! :)

[Quoted] I have four tables, one named "ingredients" where I have a list of them in english (I thought to set the main language english), another table named "languages" where I store user's languages and "ingredient_langs" where I store every translation.

Spanish user and Italian user will read ingredient_langs signed as Spanish and Italian (FK_id_language 2-3) but an English user what will read? Should I copy same values from "ingredients" to "ingredient_langs" and set them with FK_id_language 1 (english)?.

ingredients

id | name
1	|    milk
2	|    spelt
3       |    onion

languages

id | name
1	|    english
2	|    spanish
3       |    italian

ingredient_langs

id | name |FK_id_languages|FK_id_ingredients
1	|     Latte     |       3	|        1
2	|     Farro     |       3	|        2
3   	|     Cipolla	|       3       |	 3
4	|     Leche	|       2       |	 1
5	|     Farro     |       2	|        2
6	|     Cebolla	|       2       |        3

users

id | name |FK_id_languages|FK_ingredient_langs
1	|    John	|        1	|       ?
2	|    Paolo	|        3	|       1
3	|    Paolo	| 	 3	|       2
4	|    Paolo	|	 3	|       3
5       |    Firmin	|	 2	|       4
6       |    Firmin	|	 2	|       5
7       |    Firmin	|	 2	|       6

Obiously I could create a different table also for users just with user's name but now the problem is the english language and how to link it to an english user!

Regards.
^Bart Received on Mon Apr 22 2019 - 17:25:27 CEST

Original text of this message