Re: Oracle Support arghhh

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 19:06:30 -0500

On 11/9/22 14:24, DOUG KUSHNER wrote:

> Of late many of my SRs have either been tactfully dodged, or go into
> the abyss (Development), never to see the light of day.  Can anyone
> share the techniques that you use to keep your sanity, suppress the
> anger and actually make progress with these folks?
>
> Behaviors that I have noticed is that they avoid answering direct
> questions, and when the ticket changes hands, the new support engineer
> rarely takes the time to read the history, instead asking for the
> problem to be redefined.   This seems to be their tactic, whether the
> SR has been open for a couple of days or weeks.
>
> Regards,

Well, I can recommend the Wild Turkey and Southern Comfort beverages as well as some swearing and cursing. All of that makes you feel better, but don't overdo the drinking part. You should understand that Oracle Support is not really here to help you, they are here to make you feel better. Oracle Support is sort of psychological help meant to motivate you to contemplate the question of life, Universe and everything. Only after interacting with Oracle Support can one truly understand that there are worse things than the nuclear apocalypse.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant