Re: OL/RH 9 + Oracle

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 19:43:44 +0000

Hi.

There are a number of issues with 19c and 21c on OL9. Even the type of fixes and package downgrades I do for F36 don't work.

I think the decision on whether to certify it or not will depend on how badly they have to mangle the OS or DB software to get it to work.

I think it took about a year to certify 19c on OL8, and then you had to patch the software for it to install and work properly. I'm sure their focus is getting 23c working properly, before they worry about certifications of old versions...

Cheers

Tim...